- to contribute to further development in biomedical engineering, including biomedical acoustics as an internationally recognised research centre,
- to contribute to sustainable development in three complementary areas: basic research, education and training as well as multidisciplinary research (technology + physics + informatics + medicine),
- to build up networking activites with leading European centres and contribute to development of Network of Centres of Excellence,
- to enhance involvement in joint European research programmes, mostly within 6FP,
- o build up capacity as a potent research partner for Polish industry oriented to medical equipment and biomaterials.
- to strenghten the international position of IFTR by:
- organising international conferences of general scope in the area of advanced biomechanics, ultrasounds and biomedical equipment in order to disseminate new ideas and promote new achievements,
- organising a series of specialised conferences, workshops and minisymposiums with keynote lectures provided by internationally recognised experts,
- enhancing the international cooperation of IFTR with European universities and biomedical research centres by exchange visits in order to set up the co-operation programs and initiate joint research, stimulating participation of Polish researchers in 6FP, reorganising and expanding the Publishing Department of IFTR.
- to increase the number of highly qualified young researchers at IFTR by:
- development of doctoral studies at international level, organising advanced courses and summer schools and inviting top European specialists to provide cycles of lectures in selected areas oriented towards new trends in biomechanics, ultrasounds in medicine and biomedical engineering,
- organising medium-term visits of young researchers from the IFTR to co-operating European biomedical universities and research centres in order to learn modern methodologies and initiate joint research projects, attracting graduate students to specific research projects with preparation of their master theses.
- to expand co-operation with industrial research and development centres by
- creating joint research projects aimed at specific problems of biomechanical engineering and ultrasounds in medicine,
- stimulating involvement of Polish industry and SMEs in international research projects, disseminating best practices and R&D results in Poland.